Thursday, September 8, 2011

Noel Smith Memorial 2011



Nicole's Report on racing the Noel Smith Memorial road race from Bendigo to Echuca on Saturday, September, 3rd.


Coming to the end of a big block of racing I was excited to be on the start line of one of my favourite races of the year. This race was my first long race 2 years ago, and for the past 2 years I have been first unplaced female.

The course itself starts in Huntly and heads out through Kamarooka to finish in Echuca. It’s pretty much a dead flat race with only the first 25k of nice rolling hills. On the day we battled a block head wind the hole way except for the last 15k, which was a head-cross wind. I was in a great bunch that worked well together from the start and we were able to stay away. The pace went up in the last 15k and it was down to me and one other guy. In the sprint I managed to get over him for the win … supper excited !!


Thank you to team manger Kim for the last few weeks of motor pacing, Matt Wallace my coach and to all our great sponsors, Bikeforce, Tdt and race.


No comments:

Post a Comment